Monday, 14 February 2011

Reading week….or re-organising week….?


Well this week is reading week at university, which means we have no lectures and no seminars this week. Which means for the first time since Christmas I actually have the whole week of evenings to myself. This is so that we can catch up on all of the reading we might have slipped behind on. Which is GREAT, only the temptation to get your life back into order is very high. There are so many little odd bits and bobs that have been left to the side or put off because lectures and seminars are more important to get to and those other little things can wait till you have that magic spare moment…! Which of course never comes around.

I thought about going to check out the gym down the road from where I live, as I haven’t had the chance to do it yet. Thought about re-arranging my study area….as it is a bit messy at the moment. Even thought about maybe going to do a quick bit of shopping. All things that I just don’t seem to have the time to do when I’m studying, but all things that are just as important, but not as urgent. Things I keep thinking can wait till the summer. Then we are granted this magic “Reading Week” and all these thoughts of things you could actually do with a whole week of evenings free, possibly even catch up with friends I haven’t seen since before Christmas.

Then I come back to reality with a bump, I still can’t do all of those things, as I need to get on top of my reading. This is the perfect opportunity to sit in at home and just read, read, read and read some more. The feeling of accomplishment when you have done all you need to do, and are up to date with everything, is like a rush of serotonin…and a weight being lifted off your shoulders.

So after debating with myself over what do with the “Reading week” I have been given…I think the answer is obvious….catch up on my reading!

No comments: