Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Juggling Act - Adventures of a Second Year Law student!

This second year of law has truly been one for the books! As we approach Easter I am reminded of just how close I am to the end of my second year of Law, with only a handful of lectures and seminars before its time to start preparing for those all important exams.


Over this last year, I volunteered to mentor some first year students, I was elected as one of the student representatives for my year, and as you all know....in my third trimester of pregnancy, not to mention holding down a full time job to pay for it all! Thus the title of juggling act....it has been tricky, but all well  worth it.

The subjects have been very interesting this year, Criminal Law has been my favourite, followed in quick succession by the Freedom of Expression module. Tort law has been interesting, but I am not as passionate about it as I am with the first two and last semester I studied Equality and Diversity with Dr. Brown, who happens to also be taking my Freedom of Expression module this semester. I always find her classes very interesting and thought provoking. At the beginning of this degree I was confused as to which area of law I would pursue as a career, but the more I study, the more I find myself falling in love with the different areas of law and my decision as to which area of law to pursue in particular is becoming increasingly more difficult!

Joining Birkbeck and studying Law has been one of the most enriching experiences, and although tough at times, well worth all the hours poured into it.

Till next time....

1 comment:

Michael said...

Wow... that definitely sounds like a lot to juggle. Glad you're enjoying it!

Not sure we're approaching easter just yet, though! Let's get through February at least first! :p